Strategies on Becoming an Independent Dentist
January 13, 2017
Academy of General Dentistry
Friday, January 13, 2017
Lecture — 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Registration Begins 8 a.m.)
9 hours Participation
L556: Practice Transitions /Associateships – 8 hrs
L552: Financial Management — 1 hr
Lunch is included.
Program Approval for Continuing Education
Approved PACE Program Provider
This engaging course will explore the various practice models in dentistry today and provide an in-depth look at the “fee for service” care model. Participants will leave this course with the strategies and tactics needed to evaluate the opportunities to establish or advance their own “fee for service” care portion of their practice. Discussion will focus on effectively marketing your practice and communication with your patients and team members on the value of being an “out of network” dentist. Excellent clinical skills will be identified and emphasized as a way of stepping up your game. Topics to be covered will include the following:
- Building a Relationship Based Practice
- 18 Management Systems to evaluate in your practice
- Discounted Fees and their effect on your practice bottom line
- 10 Clinical Skills that every Master Dentist does
- Effective ways to drop a Dental PPO plan
- Verbal Skills to talk to “Insurance Patients”
- Getting Your Team onboard to this style of practice
Dr. Jeff D. Baggett attended Oklahoma State University where he received his undergraduate degree and attended professional school at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry. After obtaining his Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree, Dr. Baggett received postgraduate training at the L.D. Pankey Institute, recognized worldwide for its excellence in advanced technical dentistry. He is an accredited Pankey Scholar. Practicing for over 30 years in Edmond, Oklahoma, Dr. Baggett is also a Visiting Faculty Member at the L.D. Pankey Institute. He lectures to various dental study clubs and dental meetings across the country.
Dr. Baggett is also the team dentist for the Oklahoma City Thunder with his partner, Dr. Lembke. An esteemed member of the dental community, Dr. Baggett is a member of many professional organizations including the American Dental Association, the Oklahoma Dental Association, the Southwest Academy of Restorative Dentistry, and the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma County Dental Society. Dr. Baggett has enjoyed giving back to the community by volunteering with the Edmond Bicycle Committee, the Free to Live Animal Sanctuary and the Victim’s Impact Panel Against Drunk Driving. Dr. Baggett and his wife, Becky, have one son, Matt. In his time away from the office, Dr. Baggett enjoys, running and biking.
Presenter: Jeff Baggett, D.D.S.
- Graduate of OU College of Dentistry and a member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Southwest Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- Over 35 years of experience in the field of Dentistry
- Visiting Faculty member at the L.D. Pankey Institute
- Pankey Scholar
- Lectured at various dental institutions, study clubs and meeting across the country
- He “Loves being a Dentist”