Thursday, November 15, 2018 — Case Presentations
Friday, November 16, 2018 — Orthodontics for the General Dentist
Saturday, November 17, 2018 — Pediatric Dental Pearls
20 Total CE Hours
10 Hours — Ortho – P370
10 Hours — Pedo – P430
Program Approval for Continuing Education
Approved PACE Program Provider
Brad Williams, DDS : Orthodontics for the General Dentist
On Friday, November 16, 2018, Brad Williams, DDS will offer an introduction to orthodontic diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment in general practice using non-extraction fixed straight wire orthodontic mechanics, including hands-on practice with bracketing an upper typodont and place a wire during the course of the day. Everyone will also trace a ceph and do a simple introductory analysis.
About Brad Williams, DDS
Brad Williams, DDS is a 1982 Oklahoma University College of Dentistry graduate currently practicing full time general dentistry in Skiatook, OK.
He is a Diplomate, former board member and senior instructor in the American Orthodontic Society and holds membership in the International Association for Orthodontics, the AGD, ADA, ODA, Tulsa County Dental Society.
He has practiced general dentistry for over 35 years, 34 years providing comprehensive orthodontics, has written two SW orthodontic training manuals, recorded dozens of orthodontic training videos and has taught basic and intermediate straight wire orthodontics for the last 9 years to general and pediatric dentists.
Josh Wren, DMD : Pediatric Dental Pearls
On Saturday, November 17, 2018, Josh Wren, DMD will present a course that is designed to give participants a clear understanding and comfort level working with children while learning modern techniques and materials in all aspects of pediatric dentistry. At the conclusion of the course, the participant will know how to confidently treat the pediatric patient and get predictable treatment results.
About Josh Wren, DMD
Josh Wren, DMD is a board certified pediatric dentist who owns Wren Pediatric Dentistry and is founder of Pediatric Dental Seminars. Dr. Wren is the moderator of the pediatric dental message board of Dentaltown and is also a live and online speaker for Dentaltown.
He received his undergraduate B.A. degree in Biology from the University of Mississippi and his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Mississipi Medical Center School of Dentistry. He then completed the Pediatric Dentistry residency program at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, where he obtained his Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry.
His passion is providing the most positive dental experience for your child and also enjoys educating other dental professionals in all topics of pediatric dentistry. As a pediatric dentist, his main goal is to prevent dental caries, dental phobias, infection, pain, space loss, etc. Dr. Wren’s secondary goal is to perform treatment safely, effectively, quickly and predictably.
Saturday, November 17, 2018
Pediatric Dental Pearls
- Effective Behavior Guidance
- Use of Nitrous Oxide
- Effective Painless Anesthesia Techniques
- Parenting Techniques
- Prevention Guidelines
- Resins and Bioactives
- Modern Pulp Therapy Techniques
- Interceptive Orthodontics
- Alternative Treatment Modalities
- Space Maintenance
- Stainless Steel Crowns
- Anterior Resin Crowns
- Posterior Zirconia Crowns
Hands On Workshop Objectives:
- Stainless Steel Crowns:
- -Understand when an SSC is needed vs. other restorative options
- -Know the instruments and materials needed for the SSC
- -Master the preparation, crimping and seating of the SSC
- -Know how to troubleshoot common problematic SSC situations
- Anterior Resin Crowns and Posterior Zirconia Crowns:
- Understand when these specific crowns are indicated
- Know the materials needed
- Know the proper technique to master these procedures
- Space Maintenance:
- Know when to place what space maintainer
- Know how to establish optimal band fitting
- Understand the limitations of the pre-fabricated system
- Be able to fabricate your own appliances
- Master the soldering technique